The Analytics + Palliative Care Journal Club
The Analytics + Palliative Care Journal Club uses the latest research from the palliative care and data science literature to make important topics and methods accessible to all attendees.
Our focus is on real world application. Anyone with an interest in the topics is welcome to attend.
• Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at Mount Sinai
• Waud Family Medical Director of Palliative Medicine & Supportive Care at Northwestern Medicine
Dana Lustbader, MD, FAAHPM
• Chair of the Department of Palliative Care at ProHEALTH
• Chief Medical Officer at Four Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
Caitlin Brennan, PhD, APRN
• VP Clinical Improvement at Cyft, Visiting Scholar at Boston College School of Nursing
• Cyft Founder and CEO, Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School
Date: September 23rd, 2020, 12:00 p.m. ET
Kelley & Bollens-Lund’s “Identifying the Population With Serious Illness: The ‘Denominator’ Challenge"
There is no gold standard for who the “right” people are for palliative care. That makes it difficult to create and evaluate algorithms to find them. Kelley and Bollens-Lund’s study offers opportunities to explore conceptual definitions of palliative need, understand the creation and evaluation of identification algorithms, and suggests a potential framework for measuring the success of algorithms. Click here to register for this session.
Materials: "Identifying the Population with Serious Illness: The 'Denominator' Challenge." J. Palliative Medicine. Kelley & Bollens-Lund. 2018 March; 21(S2):S7-S16