Performance Improvement is a Process, Not an Installation.
Step 1: A Systematic Approach to Understanding
Healthcare isn’t one size fits all. Unfortunately, this is the implicit assumption underlying most population health dashboards of quality metrics or risk scores designed to predict the “average” admission.
Making value-based care work requires learning from the data as well as the people responsible for delivering care.
Cyft’s Design Process:
- Organizational Assessment - Economics, contracts, and organizational priorities
- Intervention Assessment - Interventions, operational teams, and workflows
- Data Assessment - Available & required data, challenges, and opportunities
Step 2: Match Individuals to Your Interventions
Cyft identifies the individuals most likely to benefit, in rank order, from your specific interventions.
Move beyond generic “risk.” People have widely differing needs, from geriatric patients managing polypharmacy, to high-risk pregnancies, to serious mental illness.
Learn more about Precision Care Management.
Learn more about Member Retention.
Learn more about Reimbursement.
- Use all of your data - leverage call center transcripts, EHR, care management notes, and more.
- Focus on what’s actionable - move from generic “risk” to precision intervention targeting
- Empirically validated with your data - know how each model will perform in your environment
Step 3: Deploy to Production
Delivering results at the right place and time. This is where our design effort pays off with carefully planned and executed deployment into existing workflows.
Fully integrate into existing workflows and systems
- Realize full potential of existing care management systems / interventions
- Careful deployment planning to improve adoption and minimal disruption
- Use yesterday’s data to drive today’s decision making
Step 4: Continuous Learning
Your team and Cyft models continue learning. Our models continue learning with each data point to reflect the dynamic nature of your population and their needs.
Continue Learning Over Time
- Cyft models continue to learn with experience
- Teams continuously improve based on insight into what is and isn’t working
- Measure operational and clinical performance with the metrics that matter to you